Our 10-days program is being designed for those who climb mountains for sheer pleasure and not for overcoming oneself and challenges. This schedule offers longer acclimatization on the valley and on the mountain. Summiting Elbrus 5642 m – that will take 9 to 12 hours including descent – is planned for the seventh day of the expedition which guarantees a pretty good and acclimatization, making your chances of successful Elbrus summiting even stronger. This schedule of a Mount Elbrus climb is the least challenging and a most rewarding for your body. It is a perfect option for those who are more after enjoying the nature and landscape than challenging oneself. This is arguably the most moderate schedule for climbing Elbrus. And the three reserve days will make your success almost inevitable.
- Avaliable: end of June — middle of August
- Duration: 10 days
- Group: from 5 people
- Border permits:
Languages: English German
- Transfer time: 3,5 hours, 200 km
- Trekking and climbing distance: 78 km
- Elevation gain: 5350 m
- Trekking time: from 3 to 10 hours per day
- Accommodation: hotel (guest house), mountain huts
- Flight to: Mineralnye vody
Day 1Meeting at the Mineralnye Vody airport, transfer to the Baksan valley, the area of Elbrus. Check-in at the hotel at an altitude of about 2000 m in Terskol. Meeting and having dinner with the guide.
Day 2Acclimatization hike to the Devichiy Kosy (Girl’s braids) waterfall (at 3000 m) and to high-altitude Observatory Terskol Peak (at 3150 m).
Day 3Taking a lift to Mir station (at 3500 m) and making an acclimatization hike to Priut 11 (4100 m). It offers a wonderful view of the Baksan gorge and the surrounding mountain peaks. Descent to the hotel in Terskol. This is the last day before you leave the valley and after hike you can visit equipment store in order to hire high-mountain and climbing equipment (mountain boots, crampons, harness, down jacket, sleeping bag, etc).
Day 4Taking a lift to the alpinist refuge (3750 m) and set up there. It will not be necessary to carry your backpacks self because there will be only 200 m distance to walk from the cable cars last station to the huts. After a snack, making an, hike to an elevation of 4400 m, till the end of the ridge. Overnight stay in the huts.
Day 5An acclimatization hike to Pastukhov’s Rocks (at 4700 m). Overnight stay in the huts
Day 6Rest day. Final preparations for summiting Elbrus. On this day you will have ice- and snow courses with your guide not far from the refuge. The guide will teach you how to put on the crampons and how to walk in it; he will show you techniques of self-arrest with an ice-axe and you will try to slide down the slope and then fix yourself on the snow using your ice-axe and the crampons.
Day 7Summit day. Ascent to the mount Elbrus (5642 m). An early start (at 2–4 AM). It is possible to use a snowcat (Ratrak) up to Pastukhov rocks and save 4 hours and a lot of energy (for an extra charge). Generally, it takes about 9 hours to reach the top and 5 hours to come back to the refuge. Return to the huts. Celebration.
Day 8Reserve day (in case of bad weather on the previous day) / Descent to the hotel in Terskol.
Day 9Reserve day / Trekking to Narzan Valley or Terskol gorge (if group wants).
Day 10Transfer to the Mineralnye Vody airport. Flight home.
- Invitation for a tourist visa
- All costs for permits and registration fees
- Meeting at the airport
- All inner transfers (including lifts) + transfer to Mineralnye Vody Airport at the end of the tour
- Mountain guides (one leading eng-speaking or german-speaking guide for the program of Elbrus climb and several assistants for the day of summiting, 1:3 proportion)
- Services of a cook
- Hotel in Terskol DBL/TWIN/TRIPLE rooms - duration of stay depends on the actual schedule
- Accommodation in huts - duration of stay depends on the schedule of Elbrus climb, meals according the program, equipment for the group (ropes, ice screws, radios, first aid set, satellite navigators/GPS)
- Flights to Moscow and Mineralnye Vody and return tickets
- Tourist visa fees to Russia
- Single accommodation
- Snowcat on summiting day
- Personal equipment (mountain boots, crampons, harness, down jacket, backpack, sleeping bag, etc)
- Additional paid services
Price from 1350
|Options||Per (persons / group)||Price|
|Snowcat for group||Per person||for request|
|Visiting hot springs||Per person||for request|
|4x4 mountain safari||Per person||for request|
|National cuisine and master-classes||Per person||for request|
|Pyatigorsk sightseeing tour||Per person||for request|
|Moscow excursion tour||Per person||for request|
Climb Elbrus from the South
Available for booking
Upon request, few places left
Not available for booking