Combined active-guided tour with trekking in the southern and central part of the Baikal lake. You will meet enchanting beauty of nature and immensity of the Baikal lake, get familiar with the culture and traditions of the peoples of the Baikal region, and taste Siberian and Buryat cuisine.
- Avaliable: June — September
- Duration: 13 days
- Group: from 5 people
- Border permits: -
- Transfer time: 1 hour, 68 km
- Duration: 13 days
- Auto distance: 730 km
- Trekking distance: about 100 km
- Boat trip distance: 70 km (for option)
- Accommodation: guesthouse - 5 nights, summer houses - 2 nights, tents - 4 nights, hotel 3* - 1 night
- Flight to: Irkutsk
Day 1Flight from Moscow to Irkutsk. Meeting the group at the airport. Transfer to Listvyanka Settlement. Visiting Taltsy Ethnographic Wooden Architecture Museum — on the way.
Day 2Walking along Listvyanka. Visiting the observation platform called Chersky Stone. Really fantastic view of the Angara River source which is a main heroine of an ancient Buryat legend and you will see the Shaman-stone which has been shrouded in mystery since old times. Visit to the Baikal Museum. Option: 3-hours boat trip along the Circum-Baikal Railway with visiting the shore and watching tunnels and galleries.
Day 3Trekking along the Big Baikal Trail to Bolshiye Koty Settlement. On our way, we will do stops to have rest and to make photos. An extremely beautiful view opens after the Pass Black (955 meters), when the trail descends closer to the water. Overnight in tent camping.
Day 4Sightseeing in Bolshiye Koty Settlement. Hiking to Sennaya Pad and to the majestic cliff Skriper. Continuation of the trekking along the Big Baikal Trail. Arrival at Cape Kadilny.
Day 5Trekking along the Big Baikal Trail to Bolshoye Goloustnoye Settlement. Accommodation at the guesthouse house of the Buryat family. Tasty dinner consisting of National Buryat cuisine dishes.
Day 6Transfer to Krestovaya Bay. This is a really unique place, something like a "lost world". There are no other hotels and camping base for tens of kilometers around. Accommodation in the summer houses on the family farm or in camp near the farm.
Day 7Start of the second part of the trekking along Baikal – to the Maloye Sea Strait. Trekking to Birkhin Bay. Visiting Sagan-Zaba petroglyphs. Overnight in tent camping.
Day 8Trekking to the Anga River. The way lies near Mount Erd where legendary Erdynsky games take place. It is an important Buryat ceremonial holiday on the shore of Baikal.
Day 9Route through Tazheranskaya steppe to the Dream Cave. On the way visiting the curative salty lakes. Walking route The valley of Stone spirits - Dream Cave. Descent into the Dream cave optionally. Going to Sakhyurta Settlement. Accommodation in the guesthouse in cosy rooms. Rest on the Baikal Lake shore.
Day 10Rest on the Maloye Sea shore. Walking 6-8 km optionally. Visiting Radost Bay ( joy Bay), swimming in one of the warmest Baikal bays.
Day 11Excursion by UAZ 4x4 to the northern point of Olkhon Island. Watching picturesque places: Peschannaya Bay, Sagan-Hushin Rock (Three brothers). Walk to the edge of the island – Cape Khoboy. Meeting with «open Baikal» where you will gasp when you see boundless open spaces of the smooth water surface.
Day 12We leave the Maloye Sea and come back to Irkutsk. Hotel accommodation. On the way: visiting Golden Horde Ethnographic Park in Ust-Orda Settlement - folklore program, learning about Buryat culture, national lunch.
Day 13Transfer to the Irkutsk airport. Flight home.
- Invitation for a tourist visa
- Medical insurance
- All costs for National park permits and registration fees
- Meeting at the airport
- All transfers
- Trekking guide-instructor
- Interpreter (Eng)
- All excursions and museums tickets
- Folklore program in Golden Horde Ethnographic Park
- All inner transfers
- Meals according the program
- National lunch during Olkhon trip
- Buryat cuisine in Golden Horde Park
- Group equipment rent (tents, mats, fire kit, first aid set)
- Porters for group equipment and food on Big Baikal Trail part
- Cook and technical staff
- Group equipment transportation on Krestovaya Bay - Sakhyurta trekking part
- Baggage transportation by UAZ 4x4/boat (from Listvyanka to B.Goloustnoye)
- UAZ 4x4 support from Krestovaya Bay to Sakhyurta Settlement
- Baggage keeping at the guesthouses
- Flights to Irkutsk and return tickets
- Tourist visa fees to Russia
- Single accommodation
- Personal equipment (trekking boots, trekking poles, sleeping bag, backpack, etc)
- Additional paid services
- Comfort accommodation in Bolshoye Goloustnoye and Krestovaya bay
Price from 1890
|Options||Per (persons / group)||Price|
|Workshops in Taltsy museum||Per person||for request|
|Visiting Seal aquarium||Per person||for request|
|Boat trip||Per person||for request|
|Additional sauna||Per person||for request|
|Moscow excursion tour||Per person||for request|
Great trekking tour along Baikal Lake
Available for booking
Upon request, few places left
Not available for booking