This is an adventure for those who are ready to face the cold, wind, ice and real Siberian winter. But all this will turn into nothing at the sight of the endless frozen lake Baikal – the deepest lake on the planet Earth. And not only to see, but also to walk on the ice along the picturesque route along the island of Olkhon, admiring the patterns that the icy water draws under your feet. Russian Russian sledding, sleeping in warm sleeping bags, Russian sauna that relieves fatigue and literally rejuvenates the body, Siberian nature and Russian cuisine-all this will be in this unforgettable adventure on lake Baikal. And for those who know who Sylvain Tesson is, you will have the opportunity to see the traveler's hut on the shore of lake Baikal, where the film In The forest of Siberia was filmed.
- Avaliable: February - March
- Duration: 11 days
- Group: from 5 people
- Border permits: -
Languages: English German French
- Accommodation: hostel, tourbase, winter hut, tents
- Flight to: Moscow-Irkutsk
Day 1Night Flight to Irkutsk with changing in Moscow
Day 2Meeting in the Irkutsk airport. Accommodation in Irkutsk in an authentic hostel. Check in. Briefing with guides at the evening and checking the equipment to have possibility to rent something in Irkutsk before leaving. Free time in the city (Irkutsk city tour by request). Dinner.
Day 3Breakfast. Kitchen with tea and cofee is avalaible. Transfer to Maloye More (the Small Sea). Lunch in typical buryat café with local dishes. Arriving at tourist base in Sakhyurta village. Packing sledge briefing. Dinner.
Day 4Breakfast at the tourist camp. First day trekking on ice. Beginning of the crossing from Maloye More (The Small See) to Idiba place situated on the East cost of the island. Accommodation at the winter simple hut with a stove when the famous film "In the forest of Siberia" based on a novel of Sylvain Tesson has been shooted. Dinner.
Day 5Breakfast. Trekking time: Idiba place – cape Ukhan. Lunch on the way on ice. Arriving at Ukhan cape. Camp set up, dinner.
Day 6Trekking time: cape Ukhan – Khara-Khushun cape. Lunch on the way on ice. Arriving at Khara-Khushun cape. Camp set up, dinner.
Day 7Trekking time: Khara-Khushun cape – Izhimei cape. Lunch on the way on ice. Arriving at Izhimei cape. Camp set up, dinner.
Day 8Breakfast. Ascension (as option depending on group and personal wishes)on Zhima mount (1274 m)– the highest point of Olkhon Island. Lunch. Trekking time: Izhimei cape – Uzuri place (meteorological station). Arriving at Uzury place. Russian banya, dinner.
Day 9Trekking time: Uzury place – cape Khoboi (the northern point of Olkhon island). Transfer to Khuzhir village – the "capital" of the island. Accomodation at the tourist camp. Russian banya. Dinner.
Day 10Visit of the Khuzir village. Discovery of Burkhan rock, residence of the Baikal spirits, site of shamanic cult and one of the nine Buddhist sanctuaries of Asia. Lucnh. Transfer to Irkutsk. Accommodation in Irkutsk hostel. Check in. Dinner. We congratulate each other with passage of the route!
Day 10Breakfast, Irkutsk airport, departure to Moscow.
- Invitation for a tourist visa
- Medical insurance
- French or german speaking first guide and english-speaking second guide
- Meeting at the Irkutsk Airport
- Transfers to/from "Maloye More" and Olkhon island + transfer to/from Irkutsk Airport
- Accommodation in tourbase (houses, WC outside) – 2 nights
- Accomodation in winter hut - 1 night
- Authentic hostel accommodation in Irkutsk - 2 night
- 3 meals a day during active part of trip
- Entrance ticket to National Park
- Group equipment (tents, gas stove, wood, cooking necessaries, fire kit, etc.)
- Individual equipment (sleeping bag, sleds, spike, ground pad, trekking poles, etc.)
- Russian bath-house (sauna) - 1 time
- Flights to Irkutsk and back
- Individual transfer (earlier or later than tour dates)
- Optional day trips
- Additional hotel accommodation (before and after the trip)
- Other additional services
- Personal expenses, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs
- Tourist visa
- Individual equipment (inflatable mattress, hiking shoes, etc.)
Price for request
|Options||Per (persons / group)||Price|
|Irkutsk excursion tour||per group||for request|
|Ice-skating||per person||for request|
|Moscow excursion tour||per group||for request|
|Accommodation in Moscow||per group||for request|